darkmatter, an open access, independent online journal established in 2007 that is committed to pursuing contemporary anti-racist/post-colonial critique. We’re keen to recruit a WordPress web admin/developer (or if you have equivalent php coding experience).
Your role will technically support the WordPress CMS used by the Journal, and innovate its design and functionality. The role provides an opportunity to develop your skills, contribute to the journal and be part of the core Editorial Collective. We consider software as politics.
The developer role is on a voluntary (non-paid) basis, and your time is easily negotiated and flexible. All members of the darkmatter Editorial Collective freely volunteer their labour to support the journal’s development. For a background to the journal, see the article: darkmatter: Racial Reconfigurations and Networked Knowledge Production.
The types of activities the roles involves:
- Maintaining the WordPress CMS
- Supporting a WordPress staging site on the server to test upgrades and plugins
- Leading the the design of the website and developing its functionality
- Supporting online communication tools and workflow for the Editorial Collective
- Using alternative opensource/free software tools, and avoiding propriety software, tracking and analaytics
- Advising members of the Editorial Collective on appropriate software for developing the Journal project
If you are interested, please email, Sanjay Sharma: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, also see our development roadmap.